1A few important things before we start your quote

When you become a member with RACQ and take out, renew, extend or vary your insurance policy, it is important that you understand you are answering our questions for yourself and anyone else whom you want to be covered by the policy.

You should always give us complete and honest answers to all the questions we ask you, by answering questions about yourself and other named policy holders to the best of your knowledge.

If you breach your duty to us, we may be entitled to refuse to pay your claim, reduce the amount payable for a claim or cancel your policy. If your breach is fraudulent, we can also cancel the policy from the beginning.

The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) outlines what you are covered for under your policy with us. Download our PDS, any applicable Supplementary PDS, Key Facts Sheet and Target Market Determination. Please read them, including the exclusions to ensure you are aware of any limitations to the policy.

If you do not understand your responsibilities, please contact us on 13 1905.

By proceeding you agree that you have read and understood what you should tell us under these General conditions.

Already have an RACQ.com account?

To apply relevant discounts to your quote please login


Owner occupied - you own the home or have a mortgage on the property and may also reside in the home without any tenants.

Landlord - you rent your property out to tenants.

Renter - you rent the property from a landlord.

An exclusion for ‘Disease’ applies to all household insurance policies. Please read the PDS, any applicable SPDS and KFS to ensure you are aware of what you are covered for and any changes.

What is my building type?

House - a typical home that does not share any walls with neighbouring buildings

Duplex - a building that contains two units or townhouses that share at least one common wall

Townhouse - a building designed as part of a block of houses on the same block of land that contains two units that share at least one common wall

Unit - a block of units which has individual titles for each unit

Flats- a building, owned by a single person or entity, that is divided into a number of self-contained areas

Home and contents 
Covers you for both your building and contents. 

Home only 
Covers the building itself. 

Contents only 
We cover your household goods and personal items located at the insured address.  

Please see the PDS, any applicable SPDS and KFS for more information.

What's the address of the property you want to insure?

Example Addresses

99 Regent Crescent,

Suite 1, Level 3 300
Queen Street,

Q1, Unit 945 9 Hamilton

RACQ members may be entitled to discounts on their insurance.

You are an RACQ member if you have any of the following:

  • RACQ Roadside Assistance
  • RACQ Lifestyle
  • RACQ Insurance
  • RACQ Bank products
  • RACQ Home Rescue

Excludes RACQ CTP Insurance, Travel Insurance and Free2Go free Roadside Assistance offer.

You are eligible for a multi-policy discount if you already have two or more of the following policies with RACQ:

  • Car Insurance (each vehicle is one policy). Example, if you have 2 cars insured with RACQ now and insure your contents with us, you will be eligible for a multi-policy discount.
  • Home Insurance
  • Contents Insurance
  • Boat Insurance
  • Caravan and Trailer Insurance
  • Pet Insurance

Already got a quote? Retrieve your quote

We respect the confidentiality of your personal information. Read our Privacy Statement for more information.